A Payroll Rewards client recently used their rewards points to fulfill a lifelong dream of visiting the Acropolis of Athens.
The Acropolis of Athens, is an ancient citadel located in the city of Athens. It is known for housing several ancient buildings of great architectural and historic significance.
3 Interesting Facts about The Acropolis of Athens:
- Most of the site's most famous structures were built in the fifth century BC.
- The site's most important remaining structures include the Parthenon, the Propylaia, the Erechtheion and the Temple of Athena Nike.
- Every four years, the Athenian had a festival called the Panathenaea. The event rivaled the Olympic Games in popularity.
Get there faster and safer with these resources:
- Lonely Planet's Guide to the top things to do in the Acropolis Area.
- Nuventure Travels' 8 tips for what to visit at the Acropolis.
- Earn points for your largest business expense.