Located in Iceland, The Blue Lagoon is another popular travel destination Payroll Rewards customers are using their rewards points to visit.
The Blue Lagoon is a geothermal spa situated in a lava field near southwestern Iceland — approximately 12 miles (20 km) from Keflavík International Airport.
3 Interesting Facts about The Blue Lagoon:
- The water temperature in the bathing area of the lagoon averages 99–102 °F (37–39 °C)
- Studies performed in the 90s confirmed that bathing in the lagoon can be beneficial for a skin disease known as psoriasis.
- The lagoon's distinct milky blue water is due to its high silica content.
Get there faster and safer with these resources:
- Frommer's list of things to do in The Blue Lagoon.
- Guide to Iceland's complete guide to The Blue Lagoon.
- Earn points for your largest business expense.