A client recently used their rewards points to visit an underrated tourist destination: The stunning Duoro Valley in Portugal.
Duoro valley is located roughly 60 miles west of the city of Porto in. The region is best known for its unique landscape which is comprised of rolling hills with terraced vineyards beside the Duoro River.
3 Interesting Facts about Duoro Valley:
- The lake in the village was created naturally by underground aquifers but in 2015 local businesses had to start pumping water into the lake in order to sustain it.
- Huacachina has the largest sand dunes in South America which has led to sandboarding becoming a very popular activity in the area.
- Sand buggies are the most common way to explore the area and can be found throughout the village.
Get there faster and safer with these resources:
- A Traveller's Footsteps highlights things to do in Huacachina.
- Lonely Planet's detailed guide to visiting Huacachina.
- Earn points for your largest business expense.