Mont-Saint-Michel (Saint Michael's Mount in English) is a beautiful island and commune located in Normandy, France. One of our clients was fortunate enough to visit it recently using their rewards points.
Mont-Saint-Michel is located about 1 KM off the country's northwestern coast. The mainland part of the commune is roughly 970 acres in area.
3 Interesting Facts about Mont-Saint-Michel:
- The site is believed to have been founded by an Irish hermit, who gathered a following from the local community.
- With only 25 people sleeping on the Mount at night, Tourism is the sole source of income for the commune.
- There are about fifty shops on the island and it receives over 3 million tourists per year.
Get there faster and safer with these resources:
- The Travel Hack's list of awesome things to do in Mont-Saint-Michel.
- Wiki Voyage's guide to travelling in Mont-Saint-Michel.
- Earn points for your largest business expense.