Mount Fuji is another popular travel destination that Payroll Rewards clients use their rewards points to visit.
Best known for its extraordinarily spherical cone shape, Mount Fuji is a dormant volcano located about 60 miles south-west of Tokyo, Japan. It is the highest volcano in Japan at 12,389 feet and is the 7th highest peak in the world.
3 Interesting Facts about Mount Fuji:
- Classified as a dormant stratovolcano, Mount Fuji last erupted in 1707–1708.
- Roughly 300,000 people climb Mount Fuji per year — with the most popular times for people to hike the mountain being in July and August.
- Paragliding a is popular activity at Mount Fuji. Numerous paragliding schools operate in the area.
Get there faster and safer with these resources:
- Japan Guide details things to do at Mount Fuji.
- Live Japan's complete Mount Fuji travel guide.
- Earn points for your largest business expense.