A Payroll Rewards client is using their rewards points to travel to Rainbow Mountain (also know as Vinicunca or Winikunka). Rainbow Mountain is located on the route to the Ausangate mountain, in the Andes of Peru.
3 Interesting Facts about Rainbow Mountain:
- Rainbow Mountain has an altitude of 5,200 meters above sea level. To access it, tourists are required to drive for 2 hours from Cusco, and then walk 5 kilometers.
- The dry client makes August the best time to visit the mountain, since the dry weather maximizes the vivid colors of the mountains.
- The mountain's rainbow like colors are due to the mineralogical composition present on the slopes and summits.
Get there faster and safer with these resources:
- The Planet D's 6 things to expect when hiking to Rainbow Mountain.
- Passion Passport's guide to Peru’s Rainbow Mountain
- Earn points for your largest business expense.