The salt flats of Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia are a common travel destination that Payroll Rewards' clients use their points to visit.
Salar de Uyuni is the world's largest salt flat — measuring in at at 4,086 square miles. The size, clear skies and flatness of the surface area turn Salar de Uyuni into the world's largest mirror after it rains.
3 Interesting Facts about Salar de Uyuni:
- Salar de Uyuni is estimated to contain over 10 billion tons of salt.
- Because the area lacks conventional construction materials, many of the buildings (houses, hotels, etc) are built with blocks of salt cut from the Salar.
- Salar de Uyuni is also home to another popular tourist attraction: a large antique train graveyard.
Get there faster and safer with these resources:
- Chimu Blog's comprehensive guide to the salt flats.
- Journey Wonder provides tips for planning a perfect day trip to Salar de Uyuni.
- Earn points for your largest business expense.