A Payroll Rewards client recently used their points to fulfill their lifelong dream of visiting The Sistine Chapel in Vatican City.
The Sistine Chapel is best known for being the official home of The Pope as well as for its famous ceiling, which was painted by Michelangelo between 1508 to 1512.
3 Interesting Facts about The Sistine Chapel:
- The main panels of the ceiling were restored between 1980 and 1992 due to color fading caused by candle smoke.
- Michelangelo was reluctant to paint the ceiling as his primary artistic profession at the time was as a sculptor.
- The central area of the ceiling depicts nine scenes from the Book of Genesis.
Get there faster and safer with these resources:
- Sacred Destinations' history of The Sistine Chapel.
- Musements' tips for avoiding lines at The Sistine Channel.
- Earn points for your largest business expense.