Visiting The Great Sphinx is on many people's travel wish list and a Payroll Rewards client recently used their points to make that dream a reality.
The Great Sphinx of Giza is a limestone statue of a mythical creature with the body of a lion and the head of a human. It is located on the Giza Plateau on the west bank of the Nile in Giza, Egypt.
3 Interesting Facts about The Great Sphinx:
- The Great Sphinx of Giza's Arabic name translates to The Terrifying One in English.
- The Sphinx is 240 feet long from its front to its tail and is believed to have been built during the reign of the Pharaoh Khafre between 2558–2532 BC.
- The face of the Sphinx is thought to represent the Pharaoh Khafre.
Get there faster and safer with these resources:
- Road Unraveled's detailed guide to visiting The Sphinx and the pyramids.
- Interesting Engineering's fascinating facts about The Great Sphinx.
- Earn points for your largest business expense.