A Payroll Rewards customer is using their rewards points to visit an iconic tourist attraction: The Leaning Tower of Pisa.
The Leaning Tower of Pisa is a freestanding bell tower in the Italian city of Pisa. The tower, which is located behind the Pisa Cathedral, is famous for having its noticeable lean — as a result of being built on an unstable foundation with soft soil.
3 Interesting Facts about Leaning Tower of Pisa:
- Construction of the tower began in 1173 and was completed in 1372.
- The same soft soil that caused the tower's lean also helped it absorb tremors from four powerful earthquakes in the 1200s.
- A great deal of effort and reconstruction has been required to keep the tower's lean from worsening over the years. The tower was not completely stabilized until 2008.
Get there faster and safer with these resources:
- Trip Savvy's detailed guide to The Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Historical Facts about the tower.
- Earn points for your largest business expense.